1. You may delay, but time will not.
2. Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today.
3. When in doubt, don’t.
4. Lost time is never found again.
5. He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
6. Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7. Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.
8. Genius without education is like silver in the mine.
9. Hunger is the best pickle.
10. Admiration is the daughter of ignorance.
11. Hear reason, or she’ll make you feel her.
12. Distrust and caution are the parents of security.
13. Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
14. Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other.
15. Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
16. Never confuse motion with action.
17. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
18. Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing.
19. Wise men don’t need advice. Fools won’t take it.
20. Rather go to bed without dinner than to rise in debt.