1. Start wide, expand further, and never look back.
2. What is the point of being on this Earth if you are going to be like everyone else?
3. If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.
4. Positive thinking can be contagious. Being surrounded by winners helps you develop into a winner.
5. I do the same exercises I did 50 years ago and they still work. I eat the same food I ate 50 years ago and it still works.
6. You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.
7. Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we’re never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow?
8. The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.
9. I don’t suffer of anything that I’ve lost.
10. Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
11. Life may be full of pain but that’s not an excuse to give up.
12. I don’t walk away from things that I think are unfinished.
13. If you want to turn a vision into reality, you have to give 100% and never stop believing in your dream.
14. What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.
15. I’ll be back!